Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Time flies!

Well I made it through the summer with all my marbles!  I keep forgetting about this little blog, not even sure if anyone reads it.  But I will keep trying to update it, if only to make me feel like I am accomplishing something.

The summer went well, the kids were sufficiently bored by the time that August rolled around, so they were so grateful to get back to school.  My plan worked!  They all have settled into school and are doing well.  I thank my lucky stars weekly that we are able to live here where the schools are good and I don't have to argue with the office help whenever I want to leave a message for my kids. (Which you can't do in Vegas schools, no clue why.  Must be a Nevada rule that some bored school superintendant came up with to make it look like he was being productive.)  I still have issues with Nevada in general, but that's a different post all together. 

Everett and Stephen on 1st day of school
 


James, Derek and Riley on 1st day of school
 
Anyway...back to reality...life just seems to be dragging me along.  Some weeks I feel like I have a handle on things, and some weeks I can't figure out which end is up and why I keep letting things drop through the cracks.  But I keep pushing on, thinking that someday it will all click and my to-do list will be the correct length and will be all crossed off by day's end.  Of course, I try to be mindful that the most important things aren't usually on my list, like sit down and play with the kids!  It's amazing how much sweeter they are when I spend some time with them and really focus on them and not try to multi-task.  Why has it taken me this long to figure that out?  Any why can't I freeze them at my favorite ages?  Those are the important questions, folks.  If you have any answers, please feel free to leave a comment!


Ain't he the cutest?  He's patiently waiting for his birthday cupcake!

Derek and I went to a Lindsey Stirling concert for his birthday.  So fun!
 

Riley and Dad at a court of honor.  He's so grown up!


Andrew and Rachel enjoying the last days of summer.  Andrew came
over just to eat our food. 
 Well, as they say in The Princess and the Frog, "back into the fray!"  (But I really love the fray I call my life!)

3 comments:

Tammy said...

So good to hear a quick update on what's going on in the Cox family! It was great to see you for a few minutes this summer at the Biggs' wedding reception!

Pedersen Posse said...

Yes, some people do still read your blog. :) It's so fun to watch your kids grow up and hear what you have been up to. I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels busy, busy, busy.

Rebecca said...

WooHoo! two readers! Thanks ladies....
One day we will be posting that we can't find enough to do, right?